As a former Disney security officer, I can tell you firsthand that it’s an amazing experience. Not only do you get to work for one of the most magical companies in the world, but you’ll also have the opportunity to work with an incredible team and help maintain a safe and secure environment for guests and employees.
But landing a job as a Disney security officer isn’t easy. With so many applicants vying for the same position, you need to stand out from the rest of the pack. That’s why I’m sharing some insider tips on how to land your dream job as a Disney security officer.
In this article, I’ll be sharing everything from the application process to the interview tips and tricks that will help you make the right impression. You’ll learn what it takes to be a Disney security officer and what you can expect when you’re working at the happiest place on earth.
If you’re ready to discover the secrets of how to work as a Disney security officer, then keep reading. I promise that by the end of this article, you’ll have a better understanding of what it takes to succeed in this magical role.
How to work as Disney security?
To work as Disney security, one must have a strong set of skills. These skills include excellent communication and interpersonal abilities, the ability to remain calm in stressful situations, critical thinking and decision-making skills, and a strong sense of alertness and awareness. Additionally, it is important to have a basic understanding of security protocols and procedures, as well as any relevant laws and regulations.
If you are interested in working as Disney security, consider pursuing a degree in one of the desired fields. Look for opportunities to gain experience in the field through internships, volunteer work, or entry-level security positions. Focus on developing your communication and interpersonal skills and remain vigilant in staying updated on security protocols and procedures. With dedication and hard work, you can achieve your goal of working as a Disney guard.
There are other things that can be done to help secure a role as a Disney guard. These include:
???? Pro Tips:
1. Maintain High Level of Alertness: It is crucial to remain attentive and vigilant to ensure the safety of all the guests and employees at Disney. Keep an eye out for any suspicious activity and report anything unusual immediately.
2. Stay Knowledgeable: As a Disney Security officer, it is important to keep yourself updated with the latest security protocols, policies, and procedures. Attend regular training sessions and stay up-to-date with new technologies used in the field.
3. Practice Positive Communication: Building a friendly and positive rapport with the guests and employees is important for maintaining a safe and secure environment. You can do this by communicating clearly and empathically with others.
4. Follow Rules and Standards: As a Disney Security officer, you will be responsible for enforcing the rules and standards of the park. Follow them strictly and ensure that all the visitors and employees are doing the same.
5. Be Physically Fit: Working as a Disney Security officer requires you to be physically fit and active. You may have to walk long distances or stand for extended periods of time. Ensure you maintain good health to minimize any risks of injury or fatigue.
Educational Requirements for Being a Disney Security Guard
If working at one of the happiest places on earth while ensuring everyone’s safety sounds like a dream job to you, then you might want to consider pursuing a career as a Disney security guard. However, before you can don that iconic uniform, you need to meet certain educational requirements.
Disney requires its security personnel to have at least an associate degree or its equivalent, which ensures that candidates have completed a formal education in a related field. The company also emphasizes the importance of continuing education even after being hired. Staying current with the latest security and emergency management trends is a crucial part of their job.
Top Degrees in Demand for Disney Security Personnel
When applying for a security position at Disney, certain degrees are more sought after than others. The company prefers candidates who have completed degrees in areas such as criminal justice investigation, security investigations for private investigators, emergency management, emergency medical services, and homeland security. However, any field of study related to security is considered acceptable.
Pro Tip: Having a degree in one of these preferred areas does not guarantee you will be hired, but it can give you an edge over candidates with other degrees.
Pursuing an AA or Higher Degree for Disney Security
Disney’s requirement for an associate degree means that applicants must complete two years of higher education. Since many security positions at Disney are supervisory roles, candidates with an advanced degree may have an advantage over those without one. Therefore, aspiring security guards who want to pursue leadership roles can consider completing a bachelor’s degree.
Disney also provides its security personnel with tuition reimbursement programs, which means the company will help cover the cost of continuing education. Security personnel can take advantage of this program to earn higher degrees in related fields.
Fields of Study Related to Security Ideal for Disney Guards
Besides the preferred degrees mentioned earlier, there are other fields of study related to security that may be ideal for Disney security personnel. These include:
- Forensic science
- Criminal justice and law enforcement
- Psychology and behavioral science
- Business administration and management
While these fields may not be directly related to security, they provide valuable knowledge and skills that can help security personnel better understand and interact with their surroundings.
Required Skill Sets for Disney Security Personnel
In addition to having the right educational background, Disney security personnel must possess certain skill sets to succeed in their role. These include:
- Strong communication skills: Disney security personnel must be able to effectively communicate with guests, employees, and law enforcement agencies in emergency situations.
- Vigilance: They must be alert and aware of any suspicious behavior or activity to prevent any potential threats.
- Calm under pressure: Security personnel must remain calm and level-headed in stressful situations.
- Physical well-being and fitness: They must be physically fit and able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Teamwork: Disney security personnel must work well within a team and be able to collaborate with other departments in the company.
Pro Tip: Prior experience in law enforcement, military, or emergency services can provide valuable experience and skills that are transferable to a career in Disney security.
Pathways for Joining Disney Security Team
The pathways for joining the Disney security team vary depending on the level of expertise and experience you bring to the table. Entry-level positions usually require a minimum of an associate degree, while supervisory positions often require a bachelor’s degree, prior experience in law enforcement, or military service.
The company also frequently hires former Disney cast members for security roles, as they understand the workings of the company and are already familiar with its values and standards.
To apply for a position at Disney, you can visit their careers website and search for available job postings. Alternatively, you can also attend one of their job fairs, which are usually held at the parks. These job fairs can provide an opportunity to speak directly with recruiters and learn more about the application process.
Opportunities for Career Advancement in Disney Security
Disney security offers numerous opportunities for career advancement, especially for those who have the right education, experience, and skills. Fortifying your skills and gaining specialized knowledge can open up more opportunities for moving up within the company hierarchy.
Disney values diversity and often promotes from within. Demonstrating exceptional performance and leadership qualities can lead to advancement opportunities even if you were brought in at an entry-level position.
Final Thoughts: Working at Disney is an excellent opportunity for anyone seeking a fulfilling career in security. However, it is essential to have the right qualifications, skills, and dedication to succeed in this highly competitive and rewarding field. Pursuing advanced degrees and continuously upskilling can set you apart from other candidates and create a pathway for advancement within the company.